This is an American paratrooper pendant used by the US Army in 1943 during WWII. Lighting equipment was flown in and dropped to troops on the ground. The chests provided everything they needed to set up the lights in a temporary camp including lamp holders, switches, fuses, lamps, tape and shades. The enamel shade has been sensitively refurbished, retaining the slight wear and surface patina that emphasizes the provenance of the lights. It is supplied with new bayonet (B22) lamp holder and 2 meters of twisted black braided cable and a ceiling plate.